Thursday, February 28, 2008
Hey fellow Elshaddians..
I thought of just sharing with you guys a renewed lesson I had about the message of the cross and about forgiveness today. =) I wrote about this in my blog and this is an excerpt of it..
When I look at my sins and think I am beyond redemption or that I could not have done anything worse than that sin, in actual fact, I have done something even worse than that - I am responsible for Jesus' death. But the message of the cross does not end at just convicting us as guilty sinners..
"But if the cross shows me that I am far worse than I had ever imagined, it also shows me that my evil has been absorbed and forgiven. If the worst thing any human can do is to kill God's son, and that can be forgiven, then how can anything else not be forgiven?"*
It is by God's grace that we have been forgiven. We are forgiven. Every sin we thought we could never be forgiven for, God has already forgiven. And for those of us who can't seem to forgive ourselves even though we know God has forgiven..
"I just can't forgive myself," she says. "Maybe God can, but I can't." It might appear pious, but statements like these are really a form of reverse pride that say, "My standards are higher than God's."*
Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works so that no one can boast." Nothing we do makes us good enough, worthy or holy enough to be saved. Similarly, nothing we have done can prevent us from being saved because salvation is a gift to us that comes out of God's amazing grace.
*from the book Boy meets Girl by Joshua Harris
=)
too suffocated wrote.
x9:49 PM
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Hey fellow Elshaddians..
I thought of just sharing with you guys a renewed lesson I had about the message of the cross and about forgiveness today. =) I wrote about this in my blog and this is an excerpt of it..
When I look at my sins and think I am beyond redemption or that I could not have done anything worse than that sin, in actual fact, I have done something even worse than that - I am responsible for Jesus' death. But the message of the cross does not end at just convicting us as guilty sinners..
"But if the cross shows me that I am far worse than I had ever imagined, it also shows me that my evil has been absorbed and forgiven. If the worst thing any human can do is to kill God's son, and that can be forgiven, then how can anything else not be forgiven?"*
It is by God's grace that we have been forgiven. We are forgiven. Every sin we thought we could never be forgiven for, God has already forgiven. And for those of us who can't seem to forgive ourselves even though we know God has forgiven..
"I just can't forgive myself," she says. "Maybe God can, but I can't." It might appear pious, but statements like these are really a form of reverse pride that say, "My standards are higher than God's."*
Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works so that no one can boast." Nothing we do makes us good enough, worthy or holy enough to be saved. Similarly, nothing we have done can prevent us from being saved because salvation is a gift to us that comes out of God's amazing grace.
*from the book Boy meets Girl by Joshua Harris
=)
too suffocated wrote.
x9:49 PM