Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Hey all...
Just want to encourage all those who also feel tired & can't wait for the event to end...
Think back and recall how God called you to whatever role you took up...whether its upfront in song/drama/dance or supporting in sound/backstage etc. Or for those who started this whole event with the wrong reasons, I encourage you to focus, pray and reflect. With the right reason and conviction to serve God, it is less easy to feel tired and weary from all the rehearsals and hard work. I look forward to the practices in church, and fellowship with my fellow dancers. It is ironically refreshing although I reach home late and have to work the next day.
Just to share...Recently, the more I dance in church, the more I can't stand dancing outside church esp under a particular instructor who choreographs very crude dances. On Sunday during the altar call, I saw one of the hip hop dancers going forward for prayer and almost immediately his 2 cellmates/hiphoppers surrounded him and prayed for him. Then the words,"This is where you belong" came so strongly to me. You can never find this type of love and concern for friends outside church. Living a Godly life, dancing with God's people is where I truly belong. I wanted to join my school's dance club next term but deep in my heart, I know it conflicts with my values..its mainly due to the instructor who choreos dances with very str8-in-your-face sex. But I am also struggling coz I feel my passion in dance is still strong and if i don't join school dance, I would have few chances to continue to dance and to improve. I am really praying that God shows me opportunities that I can continue to dance and improve yet glorify God in what I do....
Take care...see you guys on Sunday...
too suffocated wrote.
x11:10 PM
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Hey all...
Just want to encourage all those who also feel tired & can't wait for the event to end...
Think back and recall how God called you to whatever role you took up...whether its upfront in song/drama/dance or supporting in sound/backstage etc. Or for those who started this whole event with the wrong reasons, I encourage you to focus, pray and reflect. With the right reason and conviction to serve God, it is less easy to feel tired and weary from all the rehearsals and hard work. I look forward to the practices in church, and fellowship with my fellow dancers. It is ironically refreshing although I reach home late and have to work the next day.
Just to share...Recently, the more I dance in church, the more I can't stand dancing outside church esp under a particular instructor who choreographs very crude dances. On Sunday during the altar call, I saw one of the hip hop dancers going forward for prayer and almost immediately his 2 cellmates/hiphoppers surrounded him and prayed for him. Then the words,"This is where you belong" came so strongly to me. You can never find this type of love and concern for friends outside church. Living a Godly life, dancing with God's people is where I truly belong. I wanted to join my school's dance club next term but deep in my heart, I know it conflicts with my values..its mainly due to the instructor who choreos dances with very str8-in-your-face sex. But I am also struggling coz I feel my passion in dance is still strong and if i don't join school dance, I would have few chances to continue to dance and to improve. I am really praying that God shows me opportunities that I can continue to dance and improve yet glorify God in what I do....
Take care...see you guys on Sunday...
too suffocated wrote.
x11:10 PM